Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Why hold I get no control over MY PC?

My PC have a mind of it's own. Either that or someone is deliberately piss**ng me past its sell-by date. I've recently switched ISP from BT to Pipex. Pipex is horrible and drops connection every 20 mins. I've un-installed Norton totally and turned rotten Windows firewall. I still have timeout errors when trying to connect to Novaworld to play communal operations PC spectator sport. Battle for Middle Earth doesn't work either.

My PC also turned itself stale completely yesterday twice! I am running Windows Media Centre Edition 2005. 3.4 Ghz processor. 1 Gb RAM. I run Lavasoft Adaware & Spybot almost everyday.

Should I just format the disk and do a full reinstall?

Why hold I get no control over MY PC?

Well, if you don't mind a re-install consequently it will probably be the fastest thing to bring your computer wager on to a good state. You should also run a firewall of some sort (Windows firewall is ok, but not that great. I'd try ZoneAlarm - it's free).



Otherwise, I'd run reinstall an Anti Virus program and find it updated. Install a firewall. Run the AV Scan. Possibly download WhatsRunning (from http://whatsrunning.net). It will show you all the programs that are running on your computer, plus have an online lookup for programs you don't recognize (that route you can see if there's something running that shouldn't be).
I think you get a virus. Uninstall Norton and turn off the firewall be a bad edict. If you don't like Norton try avast (avast.com) and Zone Alarm Firewall, in attendance are free. Then make a full scan.

No comments:

Post a Comment