Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Why does my E drive with the sole purpose show up on a re-start and not on a regular boot up?

Only my D drive is nominated on a regular boot up, but if I do a restart, then both the D and the E drive show up? D drive is a dvd burner, E drive is a disc burner. I've checked properties settings and can't find a setting to start the E drive on a regular start up. Whats up?

Why does my E drive with the sole purpose show up on a re-start and not on a regular boot up?

Possibly one of these problems:



1. Your E: drive is not activated within your BIOS



2. The Drivers for the E: drive are not installed. Windows XP usually will automatically install drivers for CD-ROM drives, but sometimes additional drivers are needed.



3. The IDE cable that connects to this drive is loose, and wants to be re-seated. This involves opening up your computer tower, and I would simply recommend an A+ certified technician do this.



4. The Jumper on the back of the E: drive is not contained by the right place. This also involves opening up your computer tower, see # 3.



5. The E: drive software is conflicting beside some other software on your computer.
It is starting to go desperate. Or you could have the drive jumper set wrong. Try replacing it with another drive that you know works and see what happen.
I can't really answer this but I have indistinguishable problem will you help me fix it when you find out how? Please e-mail me andrewvaughnjones@yahoo.com, gratitude.
home search a scam

No comments:

Post a Comment